Union Public Service Commission or UPSC has scheduled the electronics and communication exam for January 05, 2020 (Prelims) and June 28, 2020 (Mains). The subject code for the examination is ECE. The stream deals with circuits, electronic devices, communication equipment like integrated circuits, transmitters, etc.
IES 2020 is the biggest engineering examination in India. Through the examination, engineers can serve as Class 1 officers under the Government of India. Every year the competition increases drastically, it is suggested to go through IES Practice Papers in order to ace the examination.
Career progression goes smoothly attaining high esteem. The first position offered is that of Asst. Executive engineer and the hierarchy ends at the position of Chairman / Managing Director. Check IES Career Opportunities and Salary Structure
Here we are covering all important topics to prepare for Electronics & Telecommunication Exam:
General Studies and Engineering Aptitude: Current issues of National and International importance relating to Social, Economic and Industrial development, Environmental pollution and degradation, Basics of Project Management, Basics of Material Science and Engineering, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) based tools, and Ethics and Values in the Engineering profession.
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering – Paper I
- Basic Electronics Engineering: Diode, Transistor, BJTs, MOSFETs, oscillators, operational amplifiers, Optical sources/detectors.
- Network Theory: Wye-Delta transformation, Solution of network equations using Laplace transforms, 2-port network parameters, transfer functions, Steady-state sinusoidal analysis.
- Analog and Digital Circuits: Diode circuits for different uses; Biasing & stability of BJT & JFET amplifier circuits, Active filters, timers, Logic gates, Combinatorial/sequential circuits, and Basics of multiplexers, counters/registers/ memories /microprocessors.
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering – Paper II
- Analog and Digital Communication Systems: Random signals, information theory, AM, FM, SNR, Sampling, coding, PCM, DPCM, ASK, FSK, PSK, TDMA, FDMA, CDMA, and fiber optics.
- Advanced Communication Topics: OSI model, Basic packet multiplexed streams/scheduling; Cellular networks, TCP, satellite communication, and Fibre-optic communication systems.