The admission to JBIMS is done through MAHCET (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test). Directorate of Technical Education is responsible for conducting MAHCET 2020 for the admissions to several MBA/PGDM programs. MAHCET 2020 is scheduled to be on March 14 and March 15, 2020.Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) is the Department of Management Studies under the University of Mumbai. JBIMS offers several management programs including Masters in Management Studies(MMS) Programme, Part-time programs such as Master in Marketing Management(MMM), Master in Information Management(MIM), Master in Human Resource Development and Management (MHRDM) and Master in Financial Management(MFM). University also offers a full-time Doctoral program as well as a Masters’ Degree program in Finance.
MAHCET, Mumbai Cut off 2020
JBIMS shortlists the candidates based on their scores in MAHCET examination. Candidates scoring above MAHCET cut off are called to the second round. The candidates need to meet the Past Academic Record (PAR). The PAR cut off for MAHCET is given below: -
|10th||65% or above||60% or above|
|12th||60% or above||55% or above|
To clear MAHCET exam, the candidates need to score marks more than the cut off given below: -
|Category||MAH CET percentile||CAT Percentile|
The candidates profile is viewed based on several parameters as given below: -
|Scores in CET/MAHCET||60|
The final selection of the candidate is based on the total score. The total score consists of marks each candidate obtained in a group activity, personal interview, and group discussion.
JBIMS, Mumbai Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criterion for JBIMS MMS courses is different from that of the eligibility needed for Part time courses as well as MSc finance.
- Eligibility of MMS courses
- The candidates who want to study MMS Courses under JBIMS have to hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with an aggregate mark of 50% or equivalent CGPA. But there is some moderation in the marks for the candidates who belongs to other scheduled castes and the who are physically handicapped (they should belong to Maharashtra state only). In such cases, they only need to get 45% marks in aggregate compared to general category candidates.
- The candidates who have completed their bachelors’ degree, as well as those who are in their final year and waiting for the result, can also write the examination.
- The candidates who are awaiting their result should get 50% mark till their latest examination.
- Eligibility for Part Time courses
- The candidates who are willing to do part time courses under JBIMS should have completed their full-time bachelors’ degree in any discipline or the candidates should have passed Graduate examination in Industrial engineering or they should qualify the GATE examination conducted by IITs.
- Candidates need experience in Supervisor level or executive level.
- They should have worked in those posts at least for 2 years.
- Moreover, it should be full time and not like internships or any other kind of projects.
- Eligibility for MSc Finance
- Candidates who are willing to do MSc Finance should hold a three-year bachelors’ degree in any discipline with an aggregate of 50 % marks or equivalent grade.
- Candidates who are belonging to backward caste and physically handicapped (they should belong to Maharashtra state only) need only 45% marks aggregate.
- The students who are in their last year and who are waiting for their results can also apply for this examination. But one condition is there, that they must have scored a minimum of 50% marks till their latest examination.
- Candidates must have studied Mathematics in their higher secondary level.
JBIMS, Mumbai Admission Procedure
The admission for MMS Courses and MSc finance is similar. The process mainly consists of 3 steps. The steps are as follows:
* Candidates write CAT/MH CET examination. International candidates have to write GMAT examination. Candidates are shortlisted based on the scores they obtain in these examinations.
* Short listed candidates are called for the second round which is known as the IPE (in-person assessment) round. This round consists of group activity, persona interview as well as written test. Through Skype the interview of international students is taken.
* Based on their performances students are selected for MMS or MSc.
The selection process for Part-time courses mainly consists of 4 steps as given below: -
* Candidates are shortlisted based on their applications.
* Shortlisted candidates are called for a written test.
* It is followed by a personal interview.
* Final selection based on the performances of candidates in that interview.
JBIMS Application Fees
The fees for JBIMS courses are as given in the table below: -
|Name of the Course||Fees|
|Part-time courses||Rs.1.53 lakhs|
JBIMS, Mumbai Academic Diversity
JBIMS has academy diversity in terms of graduation background, work experience, etc. Diversity in Graduation Background of 2015-16 academic year is given below in the table: -
|Stream||Percentage of students studied|
JBIMS work experience diversity of 2015-16 batch is given below: -
|Types of Students||Percentage of students studied|
|Less than 1-year gap||11|
|1-2 years’ gap||22|
|2-3 years’ gap||27|
|More than 3 years’ gap||11|