Kerala Kalamandalam is situated at the banks of the river Nila in the Cheruthuruthy village of Thrissur District, Kalamandalam. It was established in 1930.The institute is deemed to be the University of Art and Culture by the Government of India.The University offers a three-year full-time Undergraduate program in Bachelor of Arts in 14 different streams and two years full-time Postgraduate course in Master of Arts for the same streams.Kerala Kalamandalam also offers Doctorate integrated with the Master of Philosophy and Doctor of Philosophy (M.Phil - Ph.D.).
|Major Courses||Eligibility||Total Fee|
|Bachelor of Arts (BA)||10+2 qualified||5,930 INR|
|Ph.D||Post Graduation degree in relevant subjects||4,800 INR|
Candidates should have passed intermediate examination or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized board/ university for admission in UG Courses.
Graduation and Post Graduation degree holder can apply for PG and Research courses respectively.
Latest Update: Application for M.Phil – Ph.D. and Direct Ph.D. programs shall be issued in the month of July/ August.
The candidate is required to appear in the Admission test and Interview conducted by the University for admission.
Candidates willing to take admission can fill up the application form available on the college website or also can visit the admission desk of the university.
Kerala Kalamandalam Thrissur Admission Highlights 2020
|Name of the University||Kerala Kalamandalam|
|University Type||Deemed University|
|Course offered||UG, PG & Doctorate|
|Application form charge from University||INR 25/- (General) INR 6/- (SC/ ST)|
|Selection Procedure||Admission test, Interview|
|Application Fees||INR 500/- (For SC/ST- INR 200/-)|
|Payment Mode||Online in favor of The Registrar|
Kerala Kalamandalam BA Admission 2020
The institute offers admission to the Bachelor of Arts under 13 specializations. Higher Secondary examination qualified students can apply for admission.
|Selection Criteria||Admission Test + Interview|
Admission to the course will be based on the mark secured in the admission test conducted by the institute along with an interview.
|Kathakali Vadakkan||Kathakali Thekkan||Kathakali Music||Kathakali Chenda||Kathakali Maddalam|
|Kathakali Chutty||Kutiyattam Female||Mizhavu||Thullal||Mridangam|
Kerala Kalamandalam BA Eligibility Criteria:
* Higher Secondary Examination Examination (10+2) qualified from a recognized board of education.
* Minimum d+ grade must be secured in the qualified students can apply.
* The applicant should not have completed 23 years of age.
* Students appearing for the final examination can apply.
Kerala Kalamandalam MA Admission 2020
Admission to the course will be based on the marks secured in the admission test conducted by the institute and selected candidates will further invited for interview.Kerala Kalamandalam offers admission to 2 years of Masters's courses. Graduation degree holders can have admission to the courses.
|Selection Criteria||Admission Test + Interview|
Admission to the course will be based on the performance in the admission test and interview conducted by the Institute.
Kerala Kalamandalam MA Eligibility Criteria:
* Graduation Degree in the relevant subjects from a recognized Institute or university.
* A minimum C+ grade must be secured in the qualifying examination.
Admission to the course will be based on the marks secured in the admission test and interview conducted by the institute.
Kerala Kalamandalam Ph.D/M.Phil Admission 2020
The institute invites application form for admission to the Doctorate program. Students with Post Graduation Degree in the relevant subjects can apply for admission to the course.
|Course Name||Streams||Eligibility Criteria|
|M.Phil/PhD||Performing Arts||Candidates have a Master’s Degree in the subject concerned or in related subject with at least 55% marks in aggregate|
Kerala Kalamandalam M.Phil- Ph.D. or Direct Ph.D. program Selection Criteria:
* Admission to integrated M.Phil/Ph.D. and direct Ph.D. program will be on the basis of an entrance examination which includes written examination and an interview conducted by the Research Committee of University.
* UGC- JRF holder will exempt from the written test.
* Selected candidates list will be displayed on the University campus or on the official website.
* Candidate has to produce his/her PG Degree and mark sheet with the application form is filled is compulsory.
How To Apply For Kerala Kalamandalam?
The application process for all the courses offered by college will be done through an admission test and interview process. Applicants need to follow a sequence of steps to apply for the desired course. These steps are mentioned as follows:
* Visit the official website of the University (http://www.kalamandalam.org/)
* The candidate has to download a separate application form for each course and fill the application form.
* Make a payment of application form fees online on behalf of Registrar (Details will be available on the application form).
* Send the application form attached with counterfoil pay in slip within the last date of the submission form to The Registrar Kerala Kalamandalam, Thrissur.
* Have a photocopy of the filled application form for reference.
* The candidate must appear for the interview on the scheduled date.
* Selected candidates must take admission within the date of admission by paying the necessary fees.
Documents required at the time of Interview:
* Original Degree and Mark sheet
* Application form copy with an attached copy of application fees submitted.
* Academics mark sheets (10th and 12th )
* Caste Certificate
* No Objection Certificate (In case of Employed persons)
* Conduct Certificate
* Transfer Certificate
* Migration Certificate (In case the candidate is from another state)