AIIMS PG is an online entrance exam which is conducted twice a year by AIIMS (All India Institute for Medical Sciences) to enroll the eligible candidates into medical PG programmes viz. MD, MS, DM, M.Ch, MDS at AIIMS Institutes established in New Delhi, Jodhpur, Bhopal, Patna, Bhubaneswar, Rishikesh and Raipur.
AIIMS PG 2020 entrance test will be conducted on June 11. With the exam date approaching, students must go through the guidelines issued by the institute to ensure contactless organisation of the exam. AIIMS PG 2020 will be held in more than 150 cities to lessen the traveling need and accommodate 50% less candidates at each centre.
AIIMS has released modified & barcoded admit cards for AIIMS PG 2020 on 5th June to take care of social distancing and touchless entry. The entry time will be notified to the candidates through e-mails and now the candidates would not need to carry photograph to appear for the entrance test, however, photo ID proofs is still mandatory to carried along with 3-ply surgical mask at the entry gate to take entry after sanitising the hands and scanning the barcode available on the admit card.The entry as well as exit will be time staggered and social distancing & safety will be ensured by keeping a seat vacant between two participants and regular sanitising of hands. The latest notifications issued w.r.t COVID-19 precautions can be read on the official website of AIIMS, Delhi.
AIIMS PG 2020: Highlights
- Mode: The exam will be held in online (CBT) mode.
- Duration: 3 hours for MD/MS courses and 1.5 hours for MDS courses.
- Language: English language.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions
- Total Number of Questions: 200 for MD/MS and 90 for MDS.
- Number of Test Cities: Increased from 68 to 150
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Courses offered: MD, MS, DM, M.Ch, MDS
- Frequency of conduct: Twice-a-year
- Level of exam: PG Level
AIIMS PG 2020: Important Dates
Basic registration for session of July 2020
Nov 27, 2019 - Feb 10, 2020
May 1, 2020 - May 8, 2020
Online Release of Admit Cards
June 5, 2020 (released)
Entrance Exam Date
June 11, 2020
2nd or 3rd Week of June, 2020
Commencement of Counselling
1st Week of July, 2020
Eligibility Criteria/ Qualification for AIIMS PG 2020
- Age limit: No age limit for the candidates who aspire to take AIIMS PG 2020 Test.
- No. of attempts: There is no restriction on the number of attempts.
- Nationality: Indian National/Foreign National/OCI/ NRI
- Minimum qualification: An MBBS/ BDS degree holder from a recognised institute
- Minimum marks in the qualifying examination: Minimum 55% for General/OBC/general PWD category candidates and 50% for SC/ST/SC PWD/ST PWD category.
AIIMS PG Admission Process
First Stage: AIIMS PG Application form.
Online filling of the application form for the PG entrance test is the first stage which is to be completed using the PAAR facility. This stage or step can be divided into below-mentioned steps:
- Creation of ID on the official website of AIIMS, Delhi.
- Completion of Basic Registration on the same website.
- Evaluation & Rectification of deficiencies.
- Acceptance of Registration by AIIMS
- Generation of Code.
- Final registration
Second stage: AIIMS PG admit card
Admit cards are released online by the institute on the official website and have to be downloaded by the applicants in online mode using the PAAR portal. Admit cards for the AIIMS PG 2020 contain barcodes to ensure touchless entry to take the exam and are released on 5th June 2020.
Third Stage: AIIMS PG Exam
Candidates need to appear for the exam on the exam date along with their admit card and photo ID proof, both are mandatory documents to enter the exam centre. For the AIIMS PG 2020, photo is not mandatory, however, admit card and ID Proof holds no less value.
Fourth Stage: AIIMS PG Result
AIIMS PG result is announced for all the participants who took the entrance test. AIIMS PG 2020 result will be declared in an online mode and the qualified candidates can download their scorecards from the official website of aiimsexams.org. after logging into their registered accounts.
Fifth Stage: AIIMS PG Counselling
The qualified candidates are called to participate in AIIMS PG counselling which takes place in online mode and includes submission of important documents, allotment of institutes, payment of admission fee to confirm the admission, etc.
What is the registration fee to apply for AIIMS PG 2020?
The registration fee to apply for AIIMS PG 2020 is INR 1500 for general and OBC category and INR 1200 for reserved category. Candidates belonging to the PWD category are exempted and do not have to pay the application fee.
Where can I get the details about my AIIMS PG 2020 exam centre from?
A candidate can see all the details about the exam centre on the AIIMS PG admit card 2020.
How many passport size photographs do I need to carry to appear for the AIIMS PG 2020 test?
A candidate is required to carry two coloured passport size photographs to appear for this entrance test, however, to ensure the touchless entry due to COVID-19, this requirement has been outlawed by the institute i.e. you do not need to carry any photograph to appear for AIIMS PG 2020 Entrance Test.
Do we need to follow any dress code to appear for the AIIMS PG exam?
No, any dress code has not been prescribed to appear for this examination by AIIMS, Delhi. However, to appear for AIIMS PG 2020 candidates are advised to wear comfortable clothes and masks on the examination day.
What are the documents I need to carry while appearing for the AIIMS PG 2020 counselling?
The documents which a candidate needs to carry while appearing for the AIIMS PG 2020 counselling:
- Allotment letter
- AIIMS PG admit card
- Registration slip (AIIMS PG application form)
- Marksheets of MBBS/ BDS professional examinations
- MBBS/ BDS degree
- Internship completion certificate
- PWD Certificate (if applicable)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Class X certificate/ date of birth certificate
- Provisional/Permanent Registration Certificate issued by MCI/State Medical Council or DCI/State Dental Council.