Now supplanted by NEET PG, the All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination was conducted for offering admission into PG programmes in medical sciences. Now, NEET PG will be organised in place of AIPGMEE by the National Board of Examinations to offer the admissions into MD/ MS/ PG diploma programmes offered by medical schools in India other than institutes like JIPMER, AIIMS, etc.
AIPGMEE 2020: Overview
- The AIPGMEE 2020 has been replaced by the NEET-PG and admission will be offered based on the merit-list of NEET-PG.
- The interested candidates seeking admission have to fill the application form for NEET-PG exam via online mode. Printed application forms are unacceptable.
- Completion of 1 year internship before 31st March 2020 is mandatory to be eligible to apply for the exam.
- The duration of the examination is 3 hours & 30 minutes to attempt a total of 300 questions.
- Counselling will not be conducted by NBE and the candidates will need to apply separately for admissions to different universities or institutes.
AIPGMEE 2020: Exam pattern
It is a computer based examination that comprises a total of 300 MCQs to be answered in a duration of 3hr.s & 30 min.s. Each right attempt will fetch you 4 marks, however, each incorrect answer will lead to the deduction of 1 mark. The language medium of the question paper is english. The exam paper will be classified in three parts namely A, B, and C with 50, 100, and 150 questions, respectively.
AIPGMEE 2020: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must be an MBBS degree-holder or he/she should have a provisional MBBS pass certificate from an acknowledged institute.
The post-MBBS internship must be completed on or before 31st March 2020.
Conditions that restrict the eligibility are as follows:
- When the internship is not completed.
- When the Medical Institute is not acknowledged by MCI or SMC
- When the application form is not submitted before the deadlines or not in the prescribed format.
AIPGMEE 2020: Application Process
Candidates need to fill the AIPGMEE/ NEET PG 2020 application form on the official website of NBE. Steps to fill the application form are as follows:
- Click on the link that reads ‘Apply for the Application form’.
- Login after creating an account.
- Enter the details required in the application form such as name, father’s name, DOB, academic qualification & so on.
- Upload the important documents, scanned images of signature and passport size photograph.
- Make payment of the application fee using net banking/Debit card/Credit card.
- Verify the details entered in the application form and click the ‘Submit’ button.
- Take the print out of the confirmation page for future use.
AIPGMEE 2020: Application Fee
The application fee for AIPGMEE 2020 varies with the category of candidates. The application fee for General category and OBC candidates is INR 3750/- whereas that for the SC/ST candidates is INR 2750/-.
AIPGMEE 2020: Admit Card
- Admit cards are issued to the successful applicants through online mode.
- Candidates need to download and take print out of the admit cards from the official website, followed by pasting a photograph on it.
- The admit card is a must-carry document while appearing for the examination as without admit card and valid photo ID proof, the candidates are not allowed to enter the examination centre.
AIPGMEE : Result/ Merit List/ Cut Off
The AIPGMEE results are announced online on the official website alongside the facility to download the same. Based on the result, a merit list of qualified candidates is prepared and published on the official website along with the scorecard.
To get admission into PG programmes, 50% is the minimum qualifying score. GEN-PH candidates need to obtain only a 40% score and the same qualifying score of 40% is applicable to SC/ST/OBC/SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH.
Candidates whose names are enlisted in the merit list are called to participate in the counseling process based on their ranks. In the counselling process, the candidates get options to choose the preferred programmes and colleges, followed by submission of the same to conclude the seat allotment process. It should be noted that the seats are allotted based on the rank obtained by the candidates, preference entered by the candidates and the availability of the seats.
Documents that needs to be brought while appearing for counselling
- Mark sheet and certificate of standard 10th
- Mark sheet and certificate of standard 12th mark
- Mark sheet and certificate of Graduation
- Category certificates (when required)
- Transfer certificates
- Latest passport size photographs
- Admit Card and Rank Card of AIPGMEE 2020/NEET PG 2020
- Counselling Call Letter
What was the application process for AIPGMEE 2020 started?
The application process for AIPGMEE 2020 was started on 1st November 2019.
What is the mode of examination?
Online/ Computer Based mode.
What is the upper age limit to appear for this exam?
No upper age limit has been prescribed to appear for this exam.
I have completed my MBBS program from an institute in Nepal, but I am not an Indian nationality. Am I eligible to appear for this exam?
No, only the Indian Nationals are eligible to take this exam.
What is the language medium of AIPGMEE examination?
English is the only language medium of AIPGMEE examination.