DJAD is a university-level entrance exam conducted by DJ Academy Of Design for candidates who seek admission in UG and PG designing programs i.e. B. Des and M. Des courses offered by the designing school. Earlier, the entrance exam conducted by DJ Academy Of Designing was known as DJAD Entrance Exam but now it’s known as DEED(DJAD Entrance Exam For Design).
DEED 2020: Recent Updates
Due to COVID-19 outbreak and nation-wide lockdown, DJ Academy of Design organised interviews in online mode to shortlist participants for enrolment in design programs. Online interviews were conducted in the month of May and the first admission list was announced on 19th May, followed by announcement of the second admission list on 28th May 2020.
DEED 2020: Important Dates
28 May '20
Declaration of second admission list
23 May '20
DEED online entrance test
19 May '20
Declaration of first admission list
15 May '20
Last date to fill the application form
8 May '20
Personal interview round
3rd week of July
Commencement of Session
DEED 2020: Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for B.Des
- Academic qualification upto standard 12th or higher secondary level is mandatory.
- Qualification in standard 12th degree must be from a recognised state or central board of education.
- All students irrespective of streams and disciplines are eligible to apply for admission in B.Des at DJ Academy of Design.
- Qualification in all the examinations that the candidate has at the 10 + 2 level is must.
- Candidates should be less than or upto 23 years of age as on June 30th of the year in which he/ she is seeking enrollment.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Des
- Qualification in UG degree program.
- Student secured bachelor’s degree from a UGC-recognised university.
- If the aspirant has completed a full-time diploma in Design/ Applied Arts/ Fine Arts/ Architecture of at least 4 years duration post qualifying the higher secondary level in the 10 + 2 system, he/ she is eligible to apply, subject to the condition that the diploma has been completed from UGC-recognised college or university.
- The candidate must be taking/have taken/qualified his/ her graduation or diploma course by July in the same year in which he/ she is interested to enrol him/herself.
- Qualifying score marks in all the examinations that the candidate takes in the qualifying degree is mandatory.
DEED 2020: Admission Process
The admission process of the DJ Academy of Design is such that candidates first need to clear the entrance exam and the selected candidates would need to appear for a personal interview conducted after the test. Once the candidates clear all the admission rounds of the DJ Academy Of Design they are offered admissions in design courses offered by the university.
Steps to Apply
Step 1: Fill the Application form
Candidates need to fill the application form for DEED that is made available online on the official website of DJ Academy of Design.
Step 2: Download the DEED Admit Card
DEED 2020 admit card is downloadable from the official website of the DJ Academy of Design.
Step 3: Take the DEED test
Appear for the entrance exam conducted by DJ Academy of Design for three hours duration, on the specified date with admit card & required documents.
Step 4: Appear for the Studio Test or Personal Interview
The shortlisted candidates would need to appear for the next round of selection i.e. PI or Studio Test. Aspirants need to present their portfolio before panel members for the further assessment.
Step 5: Check DEED Result
DEED 2020 results are sent directly to the test-takers along with an SMS on the registered email ID and mobile number, respectively, provided in the application form.
Programmes offered through DEED
DJAD offers UG/PG courses in association with Alagappa University. Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu. UG courses offered at DJAD are Communication Design(CND), Industrial Design(IND). PG courses offered at DJAD are Industrial Design (ID), Communication Design(CD), Service Design(SD), Furniture & Space Design(FSD), User Experience Design(UED).
DEED 2020: EXAM CENTRES
DEED 2020: Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Exam pattern of DEED examination 2020 is different for both Undergraduate programmes and Postgraduate programmes. Candidates would be provided a maximum time of 3 hrs to attempt all the questions. DEED entrance exam is conducted to test the appearing candidates based on their creativity and ability to draw, visualize and imagine. Syllabus of DEED 2020 has not been disclosed by the university’s officials, however, the examination revolves around color, composition, creativity, and visual thinking.
DEED 2020: Result
DJ Academy of Designing has declared the DEED 2020 result for both the programmes i.e. Bachelor of Designing and Masters of Designing. Candidates can access their results on the official portal of the university by entering their login credentials. The DEED 2020 result has been announced in two lists.
What are the fees for pursuing BDes and MDes courses at the DJ Academy of Design?
The annual fee for pursuing the BDes course(4 years) is INR 4 Lacs p.a. And the fee for pursuing the MDes course(2 years) is INR 5 Lacs p.a.
Can I get admission to the PostGraduate courses offered at different Indian and foreign universities after completing designing courses at DJAD?
Yes, DJAD offers BDes and MDes courses in collaboration with Alagappa University, Tamil Nadu. After completion of a course in DJAD, candidates will be eligible to join any course in different Indian and foreign universities.
Are there any hostel facilities available in the DJAD campus?
DJAD ensures a highly secured residential campus with a hygienic food canteen.
Is it compulsory for candidates to stay in the DJAD campus?
No, but students are advised to stay in the campus as a lot of activities are conducted at the campus.
How many exam centers are assigned for conducting the DEED 2020 examination?
DJAD Entrance Exam for Design (DEED) would be conducted in six cities across the country.