Delhi University Joint Admission Test is also known as DU JAT is a national level entrance test conducted by National Testing Agency for admission to professional UG programs offered by 18 colleges affiliated to Delhi University. The exam takes place in online mode and evaluates the competency of the candidates through four sections viz. Quantitative Ability, Reasoning and Analytical Ability, General English and Business and General Awareness, that together concludes the question-paper.The entrance examination is conducted once in a year and the eligible candidates are offered admission based on the marks they score in the exam and performance in the GD (Group Discussion) and PI (Personal Interview) rounds that is organised by the Delhi University.
DU JAT 2021 will begin from the 1st week of June 2021 and continue till the 2nd week of June 2021. The application forms for DU JAT 2021 will be released in the 1st week of March 2021 in online mode on the official website and the last date to fill DU JAT 2021 application form will be the 4th week of March 2021.
- Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)
- BA (Honors) in Business Economics
DU JAT 2021: Key Takeaways
Delhi University Joint Admission Test
Level of Exam
Frequency of conduct
Once a year
Mode of Exam
Duration of Exam
Quantitative Ability, Reasoning and Analytical Ability, General English, Business and General Awareness
100 questions in MCQ format
750 (General and OBC) and 300 (SC/ST/PwD)
Purpose to conduct
Admissions to 16 colleges
DU JAT 2021: Eligibility Criteria
To appear for DU JAT 2021, students must comply with the following:-
- Must have secured at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/CW/PwD and 54% for OBC categories) with English & Mathematics among core subjects in class 12. The aggregate should be based on the marks in 4 papers – English, Mathematics and any other 2 subjects provided by the DU.
- Ones who have appeared in their final exams and their results are in the process, can also apply for the DU JAT exam. However, they will have to come up with the required certificate at the time of counselling.
- Must have cleared all the 4 subjects.
- Candidates with “compartment” results are not eligible to apply.
- No age restrictions.
- Foreign candidates seeking admission to the professional UG programs at DU can apply separately on Foreign Students’ Registry website and can contact the Deputy Dean (Foreign Students’ Registry), Conference Centre, University of Delhi-110007.
DU JAT 2021: Important Dates
Online Release of Application Form
Last date to apply
Issuance of Admit card
Entrance Exam Date
Commencement of the Admission process
4th week of June 2021
Here’s a list of colleges that will certainly accept DU JAT 2021 scores.
- Aryabhatta College
- Bhim Rao Ambedkar College
- College of Vocational Studies
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College
- Gargi College
- Keshav Mahavidyalaya
- Maharaja Agrasen College
- Ram Lal Anand College
- Ramanujan College
- Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women (W)
- Shaheed Sukhdev College for Business Studies
- Shivaji College
- Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce
- Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College
- Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College
- Lakshmibai College
DU JAT 2021: Syllabus
This section consists of questions from mathematics.
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Permutations & Combinations
- Integration and Differentiation
- Circles & Mensuration
- Averages & Percentages
- Time and Work
- Profit and Loss
- Ratio and Proportion
- Fractions and Decimals
- Mathematical Series
- Time, Speed & Distance
- Geometry- Lines, Angles & Triangles
Reasoning and Analytical Ability
This section tests a candidate’s logical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Verbal Analogy
- Time Sequence
- Word Sequence
- Number Series
- Verbal Reasoning
- Terms and Prepositions
- Direction and Distance
- Missing Characters
This section tests a candidate’s language proficiency.
- Grammar and Usage
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- One word Substitutions
- Error Finding
- Word Pairing
- Fill ups
Business and General Awareness
This section contains questions involving current affairs.
- General Knowledge
- Political Science
- General Science
- Current Affairs
- Books and Authors
DU JAT 2021: Admission Process
- Fill up the Application Form as described in the “Registration Process” mentioned below.
- Download the DU JAT 2021 Admit Card – Admit Cards will be available on the official website of DU.
- Appear for the exam – Appear for the 2-hour examination at the respective allotted test centres.
- Check Result – Results will be available on the official website of DU.
- DU JAT Counseling – Based on the entrance test scores and 12th standard scores, a merit list of students will be prepared. Students whose names will be enlisted in the merit list will have to participate in the counselling round to secure the admission.
DU JAT 2021: Application Fee
You can pay your application fees for DU JAT 2021 using your debit card/credit card/Net Banking/UPI.
DUJAT 2021: Registration Process
You can apply for DU JAT 2021 on the official website of DU. Required documents are:-
- Email ID and phone number
- Scanned images of photograph and signature
- Self-Attested scanned image of 10th standard board certificate
Follow these steps to apply for DU JAT 2021.
- Visit the official website of DU.
- Click on the tab ‘New Registration’.
- Enter your personal details correctly like name, security question, password and mobile number.
- Agree to the T&Cs and click on ‘Register’ to proceed
- Registration number and password will be generated which will be sent to candidates registered email ID
- Click on the ‘Continue’ option to access the DU JAT application form.
Fill up the 9 columns of the application form.
- Personal Details – Fill in the D.O.B., gender, Aadhar Card number, category, family details, permanent address, bank details for refund (if applicable).
- Academic Details – Students need to enter their examination board, year of passing, result status, class 12 roll no., elementary mother-tongue language.
- Merit-Based Course – If candidates want to apply for merit-based courses, then ‘Yes’. Otherwise, ‘No’.
- Entrance based exam – Select ‘Yes’ from the drop-down menu and click on the “Course” you want to apply for. Once candidates click on the course, a dropdown will open up for listing your preference of colleges and exam centers.
- Sports quota, EWS and ECA Category – Select your categories from the dropdown menu and click next to proceed.
Upload the scanned copies of the following documents.
- Passport size Photograph.
- Photograph file size should be 20KB and signature file size should be 50KB in .jpg/.jpeg format.
- File Size of class 10 board’s certificate should be 75-150 KBs.
Proceed for payment of the application fee after checking all the details.
Select your mode of payment, enter card details, and pay the registration money.
DU JAT 2021: Application Form
Application forms for DU JAT 2021 will be downloadable from the official website from the first week of March 2021and will have to be submitted online before the last date of submission i.e. the last week of March 2021. The forms pry into academic records along with personal details and the scanned copies of some important documents which need to be submitted online. Documents which should be uploaded in the application form are as follows:
- Coloured Passport Size photograph of 5mm*5mm size.
- Applicant’s scanned signature.
- Self -Attested 10th standard mark sheet containing D.O.B.
- Self-Attested 12th standard Mark sheet.
- Self-attested copy of the valid SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwD/KM/CW certificates (if any).
Note: Hard copies of the documents are unacceptable.
DU JAT 2021: Admit Card
DU JAT 2021 Admit cards will be issued via online mode and will be downloadable from the official website of NTA from the last week of April 2021. The admit card will not be delivered to the candidates via fax or post or any other offline medium. Students will need to download the admit card from the official website by entering the details asked. DU JAT 2021 admit card is a mandatory document to carry along with the valid photo while appearing for the exam. No candidates will be permitted to enter the exam hall without the admit card. DU JAT 2021 admit cards will comprise the details about the candidate as well as the exam such as candidate’s name, roll number, exam centres, exam guidelines etc. Candidates must keep their admit card safe till the completion of the admission procedure.
Steps to download the Admit Card
- Go to the official website of NTA- ntaexam2020.cbtexam.in
- Click on the DU JAT (DUET) admit card download link present under the ‘Latest@NTA’ section
- Fill in the Form Number and DOB in YYYYMMDD format.
- Click on the ‘Login’ tab
- Check and download the DU JAT 2021 Admit Card and keep it safe till the completion of the admission process
DU JAT 2021: Exam Pattern
Mode of the entrance test: Online mode (computer-based test).
Type of Qs: The question paper will contain objective type questions.
Duration: 2 hours will be given to attempt the complete question paper.
Sections: The question paper will comprise four sections, namely, business & general awareness, reasoning & analytical ability, quantitative ability, General English.
Marking scheme: One mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
Negative marking: One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
DU JAT 2021: Answer Key
After the completion of DU JAT 2021 examination, the provisional answer key will be made available on the official website to facilitate the candidates to calculate their scores. Based on the provisional answer keys, the candidates will be able to challenge the answers in case of any discrepancies in the answers. The Conducting authority will release the final answer key of DU JAT 2021 after taking into account the valid objections initiated by the candidates.
Follow the steps to download the answer key of DU JAT 2021:-
- Visit the official website of DU.
- Click on ‘Objection Tracker/Challenge of Answer Keys -DUET 2020' ’ tab for further instructions.
- Select 'View Interim Answer Keys (Master QP)'.
- Download the question paper and answer key
DU JAT 2021: Selection Criteria
A merit list of candidates is prepared based on their ranking calculated by taking the weighted average of their entrance test score & 12th standard score into consideration. This list announces the candidates eligible for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
DU JAT 2021: Result
DU JAT 2021 Result will be declared through online mode on the official website. All the candidates will need to check the result by filling their login details, viz., application number and DOB. The candidates will be able to access their merit ranks or scorecard. Candidates will get admissions into the programmes offered by DU as per their performance in the entrance test. The merit list of DU JAT will display registration number/form number, roll number, candidate’s name, gender category, percentile score. No hard copy of the result is sent to candidates by post or through email.
Steps to check DU JAT 2021 Result
- Go to the official website
- Click on ‘link to view result’ on the home page
- You will be redirected to the page that has the PDF link of DU JAT result
- The merit list will be displayed in PDF format
- Download the scorecard by clicking on ‘candidate login” to check the individual result
- Enter the application form number and date of birth
- The scorecard will appear on the screen
- Download the result and take its printout
DU JAT 2021: Counselling Process
Applicants are allotted seats as per their ranking & as per their choices subjected to its availability till all seats in that particular college get filled. Applicants allotted a seat cannot make adjustments under the same admission category. Applicants are required to download an admission form from their dashboard of the admission portal. Report to the allotted college for verification of documents along with the admission form. Upon verification of documents, applicants need to pay the admission fees. Once the fee is received, they will be declared as successfully admitted.
DU JAT 2021 Counselling process
- Online registration and entering the preferences
- Downloading the counselling call letter
- Seat allotment via online mode
- Reporting for College/Institute allotment
DU JAT 2021 Counselling Documents.
- Class 10th& 12th Mark sheet
- Transfer/ Migration certificate
- DU JAT 2021 Admit card
- Qualifying/ Provisional degree certificate
- Mark sheet of all semester/ years of qualifying exam/ final year as applicable
- Service/ No objection certificate
- Community certificate (for SC/ ST)
How many numbers of rounds are there for the DU JAT counselling process?
The counselling process for the DU JAT 2021 comprises several rounds depending on the number of seats.
How much do I have to pay for the registration of DU JAT 2021?
INR 750/- is the application fee for General/OBC/CW Category and INR 300/- is for SC/ST/PwD/ESW Category.
What is the exam duration?
DU JAT 2021 is conducted for 120 minutes/2 hours.
What is the deadline for registration of DU JAT 2021?
The last date to apply for DU JAT 2021 is 30th April 2020.
What are the factors that determine DU JAT cut-off?
Following factors determine DU JAT cut-off:
- Total number of test-takers
- Complexity level of the exam
- Total number of seats
- Total number of qualified candidates