The results of JEE Mains 2020 has already been declared. Students are now gearing up for JEE Advanced.JEE Advanced is quite different from JEE Mains. So, the same strategies that you adopted for JEE Mains might not work here. Here is subject-wise guidance for clearing JEE Advanced 2020. Good Luck!!
Physics: For a subject like Physics, one must have understood the concepts really well. For this, one can begin with NCERT book and other core books of Physics to brush-up really quick. And then, try solving complex problems chapter-wise. Finish solving the problems the same day. Try as many problems of different types as possible.
Chemistry: Chemistry is not as conceptual as Physics. So, you must pick up a book that explains everything in an easy manner. Remember, Chemistry is a complicated subject that includes concepts, theory and chemical equations. Always mark important points, because the questions in Chemistry are quite straight-forward and doesn’t require a candidate to use a concept. Try writing chemical equations often.
Mathematics: This subject requires a lot of problem-solving sessions. Hence, you are advised to keep solving questions often. Don’t move to another chapter before solving complex problems from the current chapter. Create your own set of shortcuts and acronyms to solve a particular problem. This subject only needs one thing ‘Practice’. So practice and then practice more.
Some more helpful tips from the experts
- A well-laid plan is pivotal to crack JEE Advanced- Make sure that you have a well-designed time-table in place giving more priority to the subjects that are your strengths.
- Map your syllabus with the revision- One of the biggest mistake candidates often do is in revising the syllabus. Candidates must map the time-table so that no topic is missed.
- Time Management- Time management is crucial. Try avoiding wasting time. Every minute counts.
- Solve JEE Advanced Previous Year papers- Download JEE Advanced papers and solve daily till the day of the exam.
- Prepare your own methods- Don’t rely on learning strategies of You Tubers. Focus on the method that works appropriately for you and fits in according to your time-table.
- Have Patience- Don’t fill your mind with the thoughts that cause anxiety and worry. With patience, you can devote the same time to focus on solutions rather than problems.