IIT Delhi will conduct JEE Advanced AAT on October 8, 2020. Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) is for the candidates who qualify JEE Advanced and wish to take admission in the B. Arch program offered by IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee only.
NEW DELHI: IIT Delhi will conduct JEE Advanced AAT on October 8, 2020. Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) is for the candidates who qualify JEE Advanced and wish to take admission in the B. Arch program offered by IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee only. Note that the admission in B.Arch courses is not as per AAT rank or score, it is based on JEE Advanced AIR. However, passing AAT is mandatory for being considered for B.Arch seat allotment.
To appear in AAT candidates need to register separately after JEE Advanced 2020 Result. As per the latest notification, JEE Advanced AAT 2020 will be held on October 8 in all 23 IITs.
The exam will be conducted for three hours from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Candidates will be required to reach the AAT 2020 examination venue by 8:30 AM.
- Freehand drawing:
This would comprise of simple drawing depicting the total object in its right form and proportion, surface texture, relative location and details of its parts in appropriate scale. Common domestic or day-to-day life usable objects like furniture, equipment, etc., from memory.
- Geometrical drawing:
Exercises in geometrical drawing containing lines, angles, triangles, quadrilaterals, polygons, circles, etc. Study of plan (top view), elevation (front or side views) of simple solid objects like prisms, cones, cylinders, cubes, splayed surface holders, etc.
- Three-dimensional perception:
Understanding and appreciation of three-dimensional forms with building elements, color, volume and orientation. Visualization through structuring objects in memory.
- Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity:
Composition exercise with given elements. Context mapping. Creativity check through an innovative uncommon test with familiar objects. Sense of color grouping or application.
- Architectural awareness:
General interest and awareness of famous architectural creations – both national and international, places and personalities (architects, designers, etc.) in the related domain.
AAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidates have to attempt AAT 2020 in the below-given pattern:
Number of papers: 1
Duration of the exam: 3 hours
Language of the exam: English only
Along with the AAT 2020 exam date, the authorities have also announced other important dates. AAT 2020 registration portal will be available from October 5 (10:00 AM) to October 6 (5:00 PM). The application form of AAT 2020 will be available at www.jeeadv.ac.in. AAT 2020 registration process will include submitting details like JEE Advanced 2020 registration number, date of birth, mobile number and email address. Candidates will also have to select their preferred exam centre. The declaration of result of AAT 2020 will be done on September 11 (5:00 PM) in online mode.
JEE Advanced AAT 2020 Selection Criteria
Considering the marks in the following examination, candidates will be given admission in Architecture course.
- Architecture Aptitude Test
- Performance in Class XII or equivalent examination
Details about Class 12th Examination
For taking admission in B.Arch course, the candidates need to fulfil either one of the following given criteria.
- The candidates must have secured a minimum of 75% marks in class 12th or equivalent. The candidates belonging to SC / ST / PWD candidates must have secured at least 65% marks.
- The candidates must be in top 20 percentile in the class 12th board examination in 2019 or 2020.
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 with compulsory subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Marks Considered for Calculation of Top 20 percentile
- Any language (if candidates have two languages, then, the higher marks in any of the language will be considered)
- Any subject other than above four subjects
Other Important Information Regarding Class 12th Marks
- The candidates who appeared in Class 12th or equivalent examination for the first time in 2019 and reappeared in all the subjects, then, best of the two performances will be considered.
- In case of any subjects PCM and language are not evaluated in the final year, then, the marks from the same subjects from the previous years will be used to calculate the percentage of aggregate marks.
- For the calculation of the total marks for 5 subjects, if the marks awarded in a subject is NOT out of 100, then the marks will be scaled out of 100 so that the total aggregate marks is from 500.
B.Arch Course at the IITs
There are only 2 IITs as of now that offer B.Arch course. These 2 IITs are IIT Roorkee and IIT Kharagpur. To take admission in the B.Arch course in any one of these IITs, students have to qualify JEE Advanced and hence JEE Main 2020 B.E/B.Tech paper too.
Once they qualify the JEE Advanced 2020 Paper, they have to pass the Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)