Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) is a university level computer-based entrance test administered by Symbiosis International (Deemed University) in around 80 cities across India to grant admission to students in undergraduate programs such as Management, Mass Communication, Law, Economics, Engineering, Design, Liberal Arts, Computer Studies and Culinary Arts, offered by Symbiosis institutes/SIU affiliated institutes.
A total of four Symbiosis Entrance Tests are there viz. Symbiosis Law Admission Test (SLAT), Symbiosis Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (SITEEE), SET-General and Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design (SEED).
SET Exam takes place in dual sessions viz. Morning session from 9:30 am to 12 pm for Law & Design test and Evening session from 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm for General & Engineering test.
Brief about Symbiosis SET
|Exam Name||SET - Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)|
|Conducted Body & Level||Conducted by Symbiosis International University at National level|
|Examination Mode||Online/Computer based mode|
|Duration||150 Minutes (2:30 Min)|
|Question Pattern||Multiple Choice Questions with no negative marking|
|Colleges||Admission into 7 colleges|
|Syllabus||General English, Quantitative Skills, Logical Reasoning & General Awareness|
|Frequency||Once a year|
SET 2020 Updates
Symbiosis Entrance Test 2020 or SET 2020 which was scheduled to be conducted on 2nd May May 2020 has now been postponed to 31st May 31, 2020, because of country-wide lockdown.
According to the update, the Application fee for CEED 2020 will be refunded to the registered candidates due to the cancellation of the exam.
SET 2020 will be organised in computer-based mode on 31st May 2020. Based on the combo of Artificial Intelligence and Human Intelligence, SAT 2020 can be taken by the candidates from their homes.
Registration dates for SET 2020 have been stretched by 10 days till 20th May 2020.
Revised exam schedule & exam patterns have also been announced by the authorities.
SET 2020 Revised Exam Schedule
|Events||SET 2020 Revised Dates|
|Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) registration begin (started)||22nd Jan 2020|
|Last day to register||20th May 2020|
|Last date to pay application fee||20th May 2020|
|Release of SET admit card||25th May 2020|
|Symbiosis Entrance Test||31st May 2020|
|SET Result announcement||10th Jun 2020|
SET 2020 Revised Exam Pattern
|SET 2020 duration||120 minutes|
|SET 2020 Timing||2:30 PM to 4:30 PM|
|Type of questions||MCQs with 4 options in each|
|Marks per question||1 mark|
|Negative marking||No negative marking|
SET 2020 Revised Marking Scheme
|Subject||Total no. of Questions||Marks|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||18||18|
* All the sections in SET 2020 are compulsory.
* Another section of the 90-minutes Written Ability Test (WAT) gets activated after the SET for the shortlisted candidates. WAT section consists of subjective essay-related questions.
SET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
* Qualification in class 12th or equivalent examinations in an appropriate stream from a recognised university or board with at least 50% aggregate for general category candidates and 45% aggregate for SC/ST category candidates.
* Class XII candidates or students waiting for class XII result, provided they submit a qualifying certificate
* A student who has qualified class XII or equivalent examination from any Foreign Board, provided they secure an equivalence certificate from AIU (Association of Indian Universities).
Symbiosis SET 2020 Application Form
Application form for SET 2020 is to be filled online (only) on the official website – set-test.org till 20th May 2020. The step-by-step process for the same is mentioned below::
- Step 1. Go to the official website- set-test.org
- Step 2. Click on the ‘Register Now’ option available on the page’s upper-right side.
- Step 3. Click on ‘New Registration’ → Enter the personal details, academic details, etc, choose the Test Center → Upload your Photograph.
- Step 4. Make the online payment of using debit or credit card or net banking.
- Step 5. Click on 'Submit'.
- Step 5. Save the receipt confirmation page that will pop up after the payment and take its print out for the future use.
SET 2020 Application Fee
INR 1750- For SET- General / SEED/ SLAT
INR 2000- For SITEEE
SET 2020 Admit Card- Hall Ticket
After the completion of the application process, SET 2020 Admit Cards are released by the conducting authorities and are downloadable from the SET official website by logging into the registered account.
Two different admit cards are released on the website for two different sessions, so the candidate needs to carry the respective while appearing for SAT.
SET 2020 Results
Symbiosis SET 2020 Results are announced on the official website. Symbiosis SET 2020 Score Card can be checked & downloaded by following the simple below-mentioned steps:
* Step 1 : Go to the official website of Symbiosis SET.
* Step 2 : Click on “Symbiosis SET 2020 Results” link.
* Step 3 : Fill in your SET ID & password.
* Step 4 : See & save your SET 2020 result.
Symbiosis SET 2020 Counselling
Symbiosis SET 2020 Counselling will start in June 2020 and the candidates whose names are listed in the merit list will only be qualified to take part in Symbiosis SET Counselling by giving their physical presence at the reporting centre.
Symbiosis SET 2020 Counselling will consist of some rounds of selections like Group Discussion, Personal Interviews, etc based on which the seats will be allocated.
Symbiosis SET 2020 Counselling Documents Requirement
* Mark sheet of Class X along with the passing certificate
* Mark sheet of Class XII along with the passing certificate
* SET 2020 Admit Card
* Scorecard of JEE Main
* Certificate of caste
* Migration & School Leave Certificate
Q. Can you name the Law Institutes that accept SET Scores?
A. The Law Institutes that accept SET Scores as follows:
* SLS – Symbiosis Law School, Pune
* SLS – Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad
* SLS – Symbiosis Law School, Noida
* SLS – Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur
Q. Can another session be added in the application form after the submission of the application?
A. No, another session can not be added after the submission of Symbiosis SET Application Form. For this, one needs to re-register and re-fill the application form.
Q. Is the application fee refundable on request if I know I will not be able to take the SAT due to some inevitable circumstance?
A. No, the application fee is non-refundable and any such request is not entertained by the conducting body.
However, the application fee is refunded back to the registered candidates in case of cancellation of the exam.
Q. What is the purpose of conducting SET 2020?
A. The purpose of conducting SET 2020 is to check the competence of the candidates before offering them admission to one of the seven renowned institutes of Symbiosis International University.